This is a three stage application process.
1. Interested candidates must complete this one-page application online. The application is due by 11:59 p.m. on December 13, 2013. In addition to providing basic information about the applicant and funding requested, the applicant is asked to briefly respond to the following questions (150 word limit per question) in the online form:
- The Rhode Island Innovation Fellowship is designed to stimulate solutions by Rhode Islanders to Rhode Island challenges. Briefly describe your idea.
- Briefly summarize how you would use this Fellowship to accomplish your idea.
- Why do you believe you should receive the Fellowship?
- If this idea were successfully developed and implemented, what would be the resulting benefit to the community?
2. Several applications will be selected for further consideration. If your idea is selected for the next phase, you will be notified by February 15, 2014 and receive information on further application requirements. The full application will include a request for a compelling rationale for your project, references, a more detailed project plan (including timeline and budget), and a short video.
3. The selection panel will select up to 10 finalists, who will be invited to appear for interviews with the panel. Two Rhode Island Innovation Fellows will be announced in April 2014.