The Bliss, Gross, Horowitz Fund was established at the Rhode Island Foundation to support Jewish community charitable organizations located in and serving the greater Providence area. This year, we are pleased to seek proposals from eligible organizations that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Projects that seek to develop connections between the Jewish community and greater Rhode Island, including community service projects led by Jewish organizations
- Projects that seek to deepen understanding of Jewish life and culture through scholarship and historic preservation
- Projects that provide basic human needs such as food, clothing, housing or prescription assistance
- Projects that support the organizational development of Jewish institutions, including strategic planning, board development and program evaluation. A scope of work must accompany all capacity building requests.
Projects must be non-sectarian in nature and designed to reach beyond an institution’s core constituency. Capital requests will not be considered.
Generally, grants for this program will range from $ 5,000 to $10,000. Please note that applications will not be reviewed from organizations that have overdue grant reports.
Additional support for Jewish education and family services projects in the Greater Providence area is provided by the Sock/Myers Memorial Fund.
The Foundation will use the following criteria in making funding decisions:
- Proposal has clearly stated goals, objectives, and measurable outcomes
- Organization has the capacity to implement the proposal
- Proposal outlines a clear sustainability plan
- Organization must be located in and serving the greater Providence area
June 9, 2017
A complete application includes: