The Fund for a Healthy Rhode Island aims to strengthen the primary care system by offering grants that improve access to primary care for Rhode Islanders. Available grant dollars are allocated for the following:
- Testing innovative payment models that integrate and align incentives to address public health, social services, and behavioral health;
- Testing safety-net-provider participation in payment reform;
- Expanding systems of care that encourage collaboration and sharing of claims data and sharing of health care information;
- Developing payment systems towards a value-based model and encouraging the sharing of claims data and health care information; and
- Reducing administrative overhead and using best practices to improve clinical outcomes.
The next application deadline will be in 2018; please check back.